The snow removal job
We are seeking a passionate and hard-working candidate to be our on-call snow removal operator for the forthcoming winter. Candidates must be available at any hour, during any day, between October 30 and the last snowstorm of the season. Shifts vary depending on the size of the storm, and can be anywhere from 6-hours long, to more than 12-hours. The candidate must be willing and motivated to continue on despite potential long shifts.
- Candidates will be our coordinator for applying liquids, such as anti-ice liquids, up to three days in advance of the storms.
- Candidates will be responsible for plowing all commercial lots in the New Jersey and Lower Hudson Valley areas.
- Candidates will work with other team members to efficiently and safely complete each assignment.
- Candidates will be punctual, reliable, and passionate about the Xtreme Snow Pros client commitment.
We will factor in where you are based to minimize travel time as much as possible. We want you to be your very best in this role.
The ideal candidate
- 3-years min. of commercial experience using a plow truck or salter
- Able to work outdoors in freezing weather conditions
- Maintain good physical condition
- Be able to lift 50 to 60 pounds without assistance
- Contain a clean driving record
- Pass a company safety training course and drug test
- Provide safe, detail-oriented execution of assigned work
- Use a Smartphone for two-day communications and mobile dispatch
- Have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions (no CDL required)
- Work well under high-pressure situations
- Have transportation to reach the Ringwood, NJ Xtreme location