Xtreme Snow Pros seeks an on-call snow plow and salt truck operator to help us this winter. Candidates for this position must be available at any hour and day between November 1 through the last snow storm of the season. Shifts range from six to 12 hours, but may require more hours for larger storms.
You will be responsible for applying liquids, such as anti-ice liquids, up to three days in advance of storms. The ideal candidate will also perform snow pushbacks when storms are complete in addition to black ice watches overnight. Ice control specialists will not work during actual snow storms unless additional personnel are needed.
This is a team effort, which means you will work with other team members to efficiently and safely complete each assignment. We emphasize high-quality service, which calls for team members to be punctual and dependable for us to be successful.
The ideal candidate
As an Xtreme Snow Pros snow plow and salt truck team member, you must:
- Have three years of commercial experience using a plow truck or salter
- Work outdoors in freezing weather conditions
- Be in good physical condition, able to lift or carry 50 to 60 pounds without restriction
- Have a clean driving record
- Pass a company safety training course and drug test
- Provide safe, detail-oriented execution of assigned work
- Understand and carry out all instructions
- Use a smartphone for two-way communications and mobile dispatch
- Have a valid driver's license with no restrictions (no CDL required)
- Work well under pressure while paying attention to all details and goals
- Have transportation to reach our location or jobsite
- Cooperate with team members in accomplishing a common goal
Xtreme Snow Pros wants the best team members who are prepared for all conditions. When you join our team you:
- Will be trained to complete all snow removal tasks, including operating trucks mounted with plows, salters spreading ice melt and liquid trucks applying anti-ice and deicers
- Must be experienced with smartphones and tablets to learn our online software for mobile forms, site reports, tool requests, job time reports, and repair orders
- Will be required to check in and out of jobs and assignments.
- Will perform varied tasks such as loading salt into hoppers and operating truck plows
- Need to familiarize yourself with property information and work orders for each customer